How to Close Your Online Video with a Successful ‘Call to Action’
What is a Call to Action:
A call to action is something that engages the viewer to further explore your content. It leads the viewer to an outcome such as signing up for your mailing list or
- Ask the viewer to Subscribe to your channel on YouTube or follow you on Twitter. These are both very simple CTAs to make sure that the viewer continues to see your messages
- YouTube offers great call to action Overlays. Overlays can be used to share more information about the content of your video or additional websites. Users can click on the overlays to be directed to your external website. To find out more about how to do this visit YouTube’s help section here.
- Ask the viewer to submit their Email. It is always important to continue to build your contact list in order to send out weekly newsletters or marketing materials. Make the direct link to the sign up form easy to get to. If you show the signup URL in your video make sure to also audibly mention it to help viewers register it as an important takeaway.
- Provide a unique offer such as a 2-for-1 special or free drink for people who watch your video. To help you monitor whether the video is improving your business track the number of discounts redeemed.
- Make the offer worthwhile. A memorable and valuable offer or discount will motivate customers to take advantage of it. If you are not sure what your customers would consider worthwhile, ask them!
Why is a Call to Action so important:
CTA’s create and maintain business activity. Using an effective CTA will help you to track the success of your video and the leads it creates. They can help to direct your viewers and customers through the sales cycle. Don’t be afraid to spell out to the viewer what you want their next step to be!
To learn more join us on June 21st for our Creative Video Review and Summer Cocktails event. Click on the link below to register