What you need to know about Online Marketing Videos
Video grabs peoples attention, engaging them with your content far longer than a simple glimpse at an advertisement. It combines the senses of sight and sound to increase the impact of your message. Online video helps to drive traffic and conversation.
It is estimated that you’re 53 times more likely to apear on the first page of Google’s search results if you have video on your page. Forrester Research
How to get started:
Creating content is the first step. Think about what information will be most useful to the viewer and what will translate best on a digital media platform. When thinking about the platform remember many consumers will be viewing the content on a tablet or smart phone. This is the difference between lean back and lean forward viewing
The keys to successful videos:
Once you have thought about what content to base the videos around begin pre production planning. Even for a short 30 second video pre production is essential.
- Determine your budget– this includes everything from gear to feeding your crew
- Draft a script– frame what your saying as a clear beginning, middle, and end. And remember shorter is always better for online videos!
- Scout the right location
- Don’t use your camera’s built in microphone- there are many inexpensive options that will help to dramatically increase your production value
- End your video with a call to action– this can include a number to contact you or where they can join your mailing list
- Read up on the Dangers of DIY Video and consider working with a production company
Completing your video is only half the job. The way you post your video determines search engine optimization. Make sure to insert keywords into your video filenames so that Google can find them. Host the video on a varity of sites such as YouTube and Vimeo to attract the most amount of viewers. YouTube allows for a transcript of the video to increase search capabilities.
To get started on your Online Marketing Video visit www.bluewavemarketing.com or follow @BlueWaveBuzz